Welcome to my webpage.
My name is Tor Håkon Haugen. I live near the town of Haugesund on the west coast of Norway.
On these pages I will try to make a home page in the spirit of the 90's: Hand-crafted HTML and curated list of websites to visit, but also keeping up with the standards using CSS to accommodate for mobile, tablets, desktop and print. And of course HTTPS all the way.
These pages are IPv6 accessible since mid-March 2023, until they aren't, in which case you will not be able to read this if your device supports and use IPv6.
My plan going forward is to write more content here, more static and permanent content, and let the blog be a blog. So stay tuned.
If you want to, you can also read my blog.
Some of my interests (in
no some particular order):
- Kayaking: I attended a course in september 2021, in 2022 I took an technical course, and recently, in 2023, I took an activity leader course. Needless to say, it's been an activity I enjoy.
- Wild camping: Just started, but my plan this summer (2023) is to combine kayaking and camping, and hiking and camping. So far, so good.
- Reading: I found I enjoy a lot of non-fiction books. Lately I've also been into reading about stoicism.
- Writing: A fairly new addition to the list. My blog, and this page, will hopefully also benefit from this activity.
- Penmanship: Another fairly new item on the list. I (try to) practice penmanship every day. Both in terms of deliberate practice, but also in writing a journal.
- Golf: A hobby that gives fresh air and frustration at the same time.
- Photography: Not that much active as it used to be, but that could change.
- Hiking: A hobby that gives fresh air without as much frustration as golf.
- Cooking: Something I enjoy from time to time. But I must admit that I enjoy eating good food better than making it.
This is a collection of links to websites I visit regularly. They started out in the list below and got "promoted" because I came here to find them time and time again.
Here are various links I've collected over the years:
- Stephen Brennans blog
- Code of Honor
- Daring Fireball
- Julia Evans
- Julian Shapiro
- MaiZure's Projects
- Martin Rue
- Oscar Toledo G.
- Pizza Box Computer
- Rober Heaton
- Rodrigo's Stuff
- Scott Hanselman
- The Digital Antiquarian
- Two-Bit History
- Marginalia Search: Random
- The History of the Web
- A List Apart
- Xe Iaso (Christine Dodrill)
- Matthias Endler
- Simones Curated Desktop Websites
- Paul Stamatiou
- But she's a girl...
- Brad Woods' Digital Garden
- Ralph Ammer
- Hacker known as "Alex"
- Ohh! directory
- Explained from first principles
- Punctuation Matters
- Joel on Software
- gravis again
- Acko - Hackery, Math and Design
- Andreas Kling
- Ratika Deshpande
- Rachel by the Bay
- Two Stop Bits
Okay. I'll be honest. It's more like a list of stuff I intended to read once, but then I had to clean up my open tabs in the browser...
Even more links
Think of these ones more as "links to resources." But also a list of things I inteded to read.
Okay, now this is just a pure to-read list
These may (or may not) disappear when I don't need them anymore.